Ramhälls GruvorAddress: Ramhäll 106 Ramhäll Show map
Address: Ramhäll 106 Ramhäll
In the 1700s mining of iron ore began in this area.The mines were called the Hammarinsgruvorna, in the beginning they were operated on a very small scale. In 1832 work began on a larger scale. The owner of the mine at this time was Kilafors works, and in 1870 a steam engine came into use. In the late 1800s half of the mine was sold to Ljusne-Woxna AB and to Dannemora mines Interest Group.
In 1942 Stora Kopparberg purchased the mine, and began with the construction of mining cabin, workshop, offices, and drill-tank. Because of the Second World War the demand for iron ore was immense. The company also began the planning for the modern mines.
In the late 1970s the mines closed down. Underground galleries have been flooded and the buildings are now empty.
Guided tours by arrangement all year round. Please call +46 174-141 10 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Ramhäll Rural Heritage Museum
In a former school house from the 1880s, which still has a preserved schoolroom from the 18th century. Please call +46 174-141 10 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.